Stream Construction Specialist/Grading Foreman:
Stream Construction Specialist
Brushy Fork Environmental Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Stream Construction Specialist/Grading Foreman to join our growing Construction Division. The BFEC Construction Division has been restoring ecosystems in eastern Tennessee and northwestern North Carolina for over 15 years; building environmentally mindful and structurally sound stream and wetland restoration designs. We offer full-delivery ecological restoration, allowing the construction division to work closely with our engineers and environmental scientists, establishing a collaborative and highly effective team of professionals.
Brushy Fork Environmental Consulting provides full delivery ecological restoration projects to the mountain areas of NC, TN, & VA. Our team of consultants, biologists, and engineers provide design & build services from assessment and design through implementation on various projects ranging from mitigation banking to private or grant funded restoration. We at Brushy Fork love our jobs and where we get to live! We are highly motivated and efficient; ensuring that our stream restoration projects are self-sustaining and resilient. The BFEC team is also thoroughly trained in all aspects of surface water hydrology, stream/wetland delineations, jurisdictional determinations, stream and wetland ecology, environmental regulations, and GIS-based analysis; allowing us to offer a broad array of environmental services. Together we provide high quality environmental solutions to the public; reflected in our lasting relationships with clients and partners.
“We’ve made it our mission to enhance our natural resources through the restoration and conservation of our aquatic ecosystems and their surrounding lands.”
- Manage construction sites, ensuring that workers adhere to regulatory/permit specifications and are constructing the designs according to the construction plans.
- Operate heavy equipment including excavators, dozers, skid-steers, farm machinery, and off-road trucks.
- Understanding of project blueprints and construction specifications
- Direct interaction and coordination with Construction Superintendent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience related to the job duties and knowledge of heavy equipment operating principles
- Knowledge of grading plans and grading techniques (preferably using laser level)
- High school education preferred
- Good Math Skills
- Great Communication Skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to frequently walk over rough, uneven surfaces
- Ability to sustain periods of strenuous physical exertion
- Ability to easily lift to 50 pounds
- The requirements of the job and the physical demands are performed in outdoor weather conditions with frequent exposure to wet/humid conditions and extreme heat or cold
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour (salary is commensurate with experience)
Paid vacation, sick leave, Simplified Employee Pension Plan (with employer matching), Insurance reimbursement, Bonuses, and paid Holidays.
- Multiple locations in Eastern TN and Northwestern NC usually within an hour radius of Trade, TN.
Brushy Fork is hiring a Stream Construction Specialist! Stream Construction Specialist/Grading Foreman: Stream Construction SpecialistBrushy Fork Environmental Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Stream Construction Specialist/Grading Foreman to join our growing Construction Division. The BFEC Construction Division has been restoring ecosystems in eastern Tennessee and northwestern North Carolina for over 15 years; building environmentally mindful and […]